Black Pepper Big Head Prawn
This prawn is one of the dishes I cooked for my family during Chinese New Year. Hope You like this recipe I share with You. This prawn dish symbolizes happiness and laughter all the year round.
Some background about the prawn. This is fresh water big head prawn. The meat is juicy and tender with creamy roe in their heads. The roe taste like eggs yolks !!! Picture below are the prawns in the wok after cooked.
Condiments for sauce :
– 2 tbsp oyster sauce
– 2 tbsp black pepper
– 1 tsp white pepper
– 1 tsp black soy sauce
– 1 tsp Corn flour
– 3 tbsp rice wine
Cooking Method :
(1) Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
(2) Deep fry prawn until it is cooked, drain oil and set aside.
(3) Heat up wok with 3 tbsp of oil, stir fry garlic cloves and ginger strips until fragrant. Pour in the sauce, stir and mix all ingredients.
(4) When the sauce slightly boil, return prawn to mix with the sauce, add in spring onion.
(5) Once the sauce thickens, ready to serve.
Enjoy and savor dish. Happy cooking!!