Like to introduce 2 flavorful and delicious prawn noodle recipes.
First is the prawn soup noodles. The soup is sweet and flavorsome as it is boiled with prawn shells and pork ribs. Prawn The noodles absorbs the sweetness and flavor of the soup. This dish is a delight to savor.
Second is Chili prawn noodles that has the fragrance of sambal (chili paste) that is added to it. Together with the delicious prawns and pork ribs, its a savory dish with spiceness and fragrance.
For more information on the Prawn noodles soup,
Visit Here >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hae_mee
Excerpt Licensed under : http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0 Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)
Hae(蝦,虾) means prawn, Mee(麵,面) means noodles.
Traditional Chinese 蝦麵
Simplified Chinese 虾面
Prawn Soup Noodle
Sambal Chili Prawn Noodle
Ingredients : (4 servings)
– Prawn heads and shells for soup base : 350 grams
– Water : 1.5 litre
– Medium size prawns (Size and quantity as desired)
– Pork ribs : 600 grams
– Ready made fish cake : thin slices
– Kangkong vegetable
– Wheat flour noodles
– Bean sprouts
– Dark soy sauce
– Salt and seasoning to taste
– Light soy sauce (for sambal chili prawn noodle)
– Fried shallots
– White pepper
Method of cooking:
1. Cooking Soup : Add 1.5 litre of water to 350 grams of prawn heads and shells (or water to cover the prawn heads and shells), with high heat, boil for 15 minutes.
(2) Remove and discard prawn shells. Heat up the soup again, add prawns into the soup and cook them. When the prawns are cooked. lower the heat to minimum, drain soup from prawns and set aside.
(3) Heat up soup again, add pork ribs to the prawn soup, boil pork ribs until they are cooked, lower heat, drain soup from pork ribs and set aside.
(4) As water escapes through steam, the soup becomes lesser and thicker, add in 200 ml to 300 ml of water, heat up the soup, add in 1 tsp of dark soy sauce, some salt and seasoning to taste. This flavorful, sweet and tasty soup is now ready to enjoy with noodles.
(5) Boil water to cook noodles, kang kong vegetables and bean sprouts.
(6) To savor a bowl of sweet and tasty prawn soup noodle, put the cooked ingredients in a bowl, add in hot soup, add pepper powder, garnish with shallots, parsley and chili.
(7) For sambal chili prawn noodle, add 1/2 tsp of light soy sauce and sambal chili to the noodle, mix well before adding in other ingredients. You can enjoy the noodle with a bowl of flavorful and tasty soup.
Happy Cooking and hope You enjoy these 2 dishes 🙂