Video Source: Dr. Ann Wellness
Following are the Sesame Seeds Nutritional benefits:
- Sesame seeds the very good source of dietetic proteins, rich with vitamins, thiamin, B-Complex.
- It improves the production of red blood cells, bone health and cardiac activities.
- It gives you the superb skin tone.
- Niacin is one more B-complex vitamin found richly in sesame. About 4.5 mg daily-essential levels of niacin are supplied by just 100 g of sesame seeds. Niacin helps to decrease LDL-cholesterol levels in the blood. In addition,it improves GABA activity in the brain, which in turn assists to decrease anxiety and neurosis.
- It is seen that, 0.25 Cup Sesame Seeds contains adequate level of Copper, Manganese, Tryptophan, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron,Phosphorus, Vitamin B1, Zinc and Dietary Fiber.
- You can use Sesame Seeds use it in various food items and Sesame Oil on regular basis for cooking. Sprinkle some Sesame seeds on your food items and salads for garnishing.
- Sesame seeds are generally used in South Indian sweet cuisine. That gives a taste and increases a nutritional value of the food.
- There is frequently observed that vegans do not get an enough quantity of zinc in their regular diet. Include sesame paste in your diet frequently and get the Sesame Seeds Nutritional benefits of lots of zinc with one tablespoon which supplies 1.17 mg.
- It also helps in asthma and skin, heart sensitivity problem.
- Merge toasted sesame seeds with rice vinegar, tamari and crushed or fine chopped garlic and apply as a dressing for salads, vegetables and noodles.
But Then again There may be side effects for people who are allergic to Sesame Seeds
The symptoms of sesame seed allergy can be classified into:
- Systemic reactions: Primarily presenting anaphylaxis characterized by symptoms including hives (urticaria), lip and eyelid swelling (angioedema ) sneezing, nasal itching, congestion, rhinorrhea, wheezing, cough, tightness of throat, hoarse voice, difficulty in breathing, abdominal pain, unconsciousness, shock with drop of blood pressure. In the systemic reactions can also be included severe reactions like dizziness, drowsiness, chills and collapse as has been reported in patients after ingestion of a falafel burger.
- Other symptoms: Facial or generalized redness (“flushing”), hives (urticaria) on smaller or larger parts of the body, swelling of the eyelids, lips or other parts of the face, itching of the eyes or of the skin in general, hay fever symptoms in the eyes and eczema. Respiratory symptoms observed include hay fever, asthma, cough, wheeze, or difficulty in breathing. Gastrointestinal symptoms: Itching in the mouth and/or tongue soon after chewing and ingesting (Oral allergy syndrome) and abdominal pain.
Picture of White Sesame Seeds Below
Image Author: Ies
Licensed by: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/