Introduce to you, friends this Flavorful Braised Abalone, Sea Cucumber and Mushrooms Recipe.
This is one of the new year dish that is deliciously savored. I am delighted to share this prosperity and wealth symbolizing dish to you. Abalone also symbolizes tales of gold. Together with Sea cucumber and mushrooms it is also nutritious and healthy as well. You can refer to links at bottom of page for more info on ingredients.
Yummy Taste of Dish
Abalone is tender, sea cucumber is soft and chewy, mushrooms is crunchy and juicy. The braising sauce and spices are absorbed into these 3 ingredients, making it fragrant and tasty.
This dish is so easy to cook as its used ready made braising sauce and spices powder. Below list the ingredients for the sauce and spices.
Ingredients of braising sauce : Water, Soya Bean, Salt, Sugar, Caramel, Wheat Flour and Spices etc.
Ingredients of spices powder consist of Angelica, Pepper, Wolfberry fruit, Szechwan Lovage Rhizome, Liquorice, Star Anise, Spices, salt, sugar etc.
– 8 pieces of fresh frozen abalone
– 3 pieces of sea cucumber
– 15 pieces of dry mushrooms
– 5 pieces of ginger
– 10 cloves of garlic (crushed)
– Braising sauce : 3 tbsp
– Spices powder : 1 tbsp
– Mirin (or rice wine) : 2 tbsp
– Water : 300 ml
– Cooking oil
– Salt and seasoning to taste
– Sauce thickener: 2 tbsp of tapioca flour (or corn flour) mix with 50 ml of water
– Spring Onion
Before cooking :
(1) Soak dry mushrooms until they are soft, remove stems.
(2) If abalone have shells, lift out abalone flesh from the shells with a small knife, then remove intestines and wash well.
(3) Thoroughly clean and remove remains from insides of sea cucumber. Cut them into bigger pieces, as they easily shrink after cooking.
(1.) Heat up pot with 2 table spoons of cooking oil, add in ginger slices and crushed garlic, stir fry until fragrant.
(2.) Add in all the ingredients, add 4 table spoons of braising sauce, 1 table spoon of spices powder and 2 table spoons of mirin (or rice wine), Stir fry and mix all ingredients evenly.
(3.) Take out and set aside sea cucumber as they easily shrink and become soft after cooking together with the other ingredients.
(4.) Add in 300 ml of water. Cover Pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Return sea cucumber and simmer for another 5 minutes. Add salt and seasoning to taste.
(5) Thicken sauce : After cooking, drain sauce into another pot, heat up the sauce and slowly add in flour mixture, stir constantly until desired thickness of sauce.
(6) Add the flavorful braising sauce on to the abalone, sea cucumber and mushrooms before serving.
Links Licensed by: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0