Fragrant and Delicious Double Egg Yolks Mooncakes Recipe for Mid-Autumn Festival
Mid-Autumn Festival is celebrated on the 15th day of 8th month of Chinese lunar calendar. Traditionally it is the month of making mooncakes.
As You savor this mooncake, there is a sweetness of lotus paste with saltiness of egg yolk and the fragrant pastry taste of its skin.
It is very fun to make Mooncakes myself. Delighted that my family love the double egg yolks Mooncakes I made for them.
Picture of Mooncake Ingredients :
Ingredients : (for 5 mooncakes)
– 150 grams of top flour
– 45 grams of Soy Bean Oil (or any cooking oil)
– 110 grams of Golden Syrup
– 200 grams of Lotus paste (ready-made)
– 10 salted egg yolks
– 1 beaten egg
(1) Whisk oil and syrup together until they are well mixed.
(2) In a big bowl, put in flour and make a hole in the center, pour in oil and syrup mixture, knead into dough. Cover dough with clear wrap, set aside for an hour.
(3) Bake salted egg yolks at 200 degrees C for 5 minutes. Set aside.
(4) Divide lotus paste into 10 portions of 20 grams each. Wrap salted egg yolk with 1 portion of lotus paste. Combine two mooncake fillings to one for each mooncake. (This is done to so that there are 2 egg yolks in one filling.)
(5) After one hour, the dough is now weighting 300 grams. Divide the dough into 5 portions, each weighting 60 grams.
(6) Wrap 1 filling with 1 portion of dough, seal the opening and roll into a ball. Place mooncakes into mould, press firmly.
(7) Hold the mould handle and iron bar together to press out mooncake and place onto baking tray. Do the same with the remaining ingredients.
(8) Bake in pre-heated oven at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes. Glaze mooncakes with beaten egg and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy this Yummy Double Mooncake with Your Family and Friends. Hope You share this delicious recipe :)) Cheers !