Hi Friends, delectable flavorsome Fried Ban Mian With Soy and Oyster Sauce recipe to share with you. I greatly enjoyed this dish and like to share it with you. Its fragrance and taste is absolutely delicious.
What is Ban Mian ? Ban Mian is noodle made of wheat flour.
“Banmian (板麵) is a popular noodle dish, consisting of handmade noodles served in soup.”
Taste of Dish
Texture of ban mian is smooth. The sauces are also absorbed by ban mian too giving it a salty and sweet fragrant taste. No salt or any chicken seasonings are needed.
The chicken also absorbs the marinated sauces making it a delicious addition to ban mian. Carrots and bean sprouts are added for crunchiness and to balance the saltiness.
– Ban Mian : 300 grams
– Chicken meat : 250 grams (cut into bite sizes)
– Bean Sprout : 100 grams
– Carrot strips : 100 grams
– Green chili strips (optional)
– Mince garlic : 2 table spoons
– Garnish with sesame seeds
– Cooking oil
Condiments for marinating chicken meat :
– Dark soy sauce : 1 tsp
– Sesame oil : 1 tsp
– Corn flour : 1
– White pepper powder (to taste)
Sauce for frying Ban Mian :
– Dark soy sauce : 3 tbsp
– Light soy sauce : 1 tbsp
– Oyster sauce : 1 tsp
– Sesame oil : 2 tbsp
– Sugar : 1 tsp
– White pepper powder : 1/2 tsp
– Water : 100 ml
Cooking Method :
(1) Marinate chicken meat with condiments, set aside for half an hour.
(2) Cook Ban Mian with boiling water. When it is cooked, rinse it under cold water. This way, the Ban Mian will be smoother and also prevents it from becoming too soft.
(3) Heat up 2 table spoon of cooking oil, saute minced garlic until fragrant, add in chicken meat and stir fry until cooked.
(4) Add in sauce for ban mian to the chicken meat, when it boils, add in cooked Ban Mian, mix all ingredients, until Ban Mian evenly absorbs the sauce.
(5) Add in bean sprouts, carrot and green chili strips, mix all ingredients evenly.
(6) Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy fragrant, smooth and nutritious Ban Mian.
Links Licensed by: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0