Fry Pomfret and Sambal Dipping Sauce Recipe
Hi Friends, share with You crispy Pomfret with Sambal dipping sauce.
Pomfret, after frying, has a distinct fragrance, the fish meat is firm, the head, fin and tail are very crispy to savor with.
To savor this fish dish, I specially cook Sambal for dipping sauce. Lime juice is added to the spicy, aromatic Sambal sauce, it is really appetizing.
– 2 pomfret : 690 grams
– cooking oil : enough for frying 2 pomfret fishes
Simple Method : Heat up enough oil for frying 2 pomfret. Fry until golden brown on both sides of pomfret.
SAMBAL DIPPING SAUCE
Ingredients to be blended :
– 7 shallots
– 4 cloves of garlic
– 5 pieces of candle nuts
– 1/2 stalk of lemon grass
– 5 slices of ginger
– 3 slices of blue ginger
Other ingredients :
– Chili paste : 3 tbsp
– Raw cane sugar : 2 tbsp
– salt : 1/2 tsp
– Vegetable seasoning : 1/2 tsp
– Cooking oil : 1 cup
– Few limes
Method of cooking :
(1) With water half fill the ingredients, blend them into paste.
(2) Heat up pan with 1 cup of oil, add in the blended paste and chili paste, stir and mix all ingredients evenly. Stir once a while.
(3) Once the oil is separated from the ingredients and there is no raw smell, add in raw sugar, some salt and seasoning to taste.
(4) Let it cool and store in glass container before it is refrigerated.
(5) Add lime juice to the sauce before savoring this dish.