Fried Yee Fu Mein (Yummy Noodles Recipe)
Yee Fu Mein (伊府面) is the direct translation from Cantonese dialect. Yee is the surname of a official in Ancient China who use this noodle to celebrate her mother’s birthday. Fu means residence. Mein means noodles. Recipe is below the page.
” it is generally referred to as Longevity noodles or Sau mein (壽麵/寿面).”
Chinese Wikipedia Article : https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/伊麵
It is noodle that made of wheat flour and has a distinct fragrance and taste after cooking.
Yee Fu Mein can be stir fry or cook with soup, they are equally delicious, I savor both these versions.
It is very easy to cook with Yee Fu Mein. For this dish, I just soak the noodle in hot water for about 2 minutes until it is soft and smooth, then transfer it to the frying pan, stir fry and mix with all other ingredients that already fried earlier on.
Photo of Dried Yee Fu Mein :
– Dried Yee Fu Mein : 3 pieces
– BBQ meat slices (ready-made, make of soya bean) Choice of Meat is to your liking
– Dry mushrooms : 6 pieces
– Green vegetables (cut into small sections)
– Few garlic cloves : minced
– Cooking oil
Sauce for frying noodle
– Oyster sauce : 1 tbsp
– Sesame oil : 1 tbsp
– Light soy sauce : 1 tsp
Method of Cooking :
(1) Soak dry mushroom in water until soft, remove stem and slice them into small pieces.
(2) Soak Dried Yee Fu Mein in hot water for 2 minutes or until it is soft. Set aside.
(3) Heat up pan with 2 tbsp of oil, saute minced garlic until fragrant, add in mushrooms, stir fry, follow by BBQ meat slices and green vegetables, stir fry and mix the ingredients, set aside in the pan.
(4) Now, add in the Yee Fu Mein, stir fry and mix all ingredients evenly.
(5) Finally, sprinkle oyster sauce, light soy sauce and sesame oil, mix all ingredients evenly.