Ginger Juice Chicken Wings Garnished with Crispy Ginger Strips
- 8 pieces of Chicken Wings
- Minced Ginger : 2 tbsp
- Minced Garlic : 2 tbsp
- Mirin (Rice Wine) : 2 tbsp
- Sesame Oil : 1 tbsp
- Dark Soy Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Cooking oil : 5 tbsp
- Water : ½ cup
- Tapioca Flour mixed with Water (or Corn Flour) : 1 tbsp Flour +3 tbsp Water.
- Salt and Seasoning (to taste)
- Ginger juice : 100 grams
- Oyster sauce : 2 tbsp
- Raw Cane Sugar (or sugar) : 1 tbsp
- Mirin (or Rice Wine) : 3 tbsp
- Corn Flour : 2 tbsp
- White Pepper Powder : 1 tbsp
Ginger Juice :
For Garnishing :
- Crispy Ginger Strips
- Spring Onions : (cut into small sections)
(1) Marinate the chicken wings with all the marinades and set aside for overnight in refrigerator. (or at least 1 hour in refrigerator).
(2) Shred Ginger into strips and fry them in hot oil until golden brown, set aside.
(3) Heat up pan with 5 tbsp of oil, sauté minced ginger and garlic until fragrant, add in chicken wings and fry mix all ingredients.
(4) Add in 1 tsp of dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and 2 tbsp of Mirin, stir mix all ingredients and add in ½ cup of water . Simmer with pan cover for 8 to 10 minutes until chicken is tender.
(5) Add in seasoning (to taste) and flour mixture to thicken the sauce.
(6) Garnish with Crispy Ginger Strips and Spring Onions.