Grilled spices Salmon Steak with Curry Okra and Turmeric Rice Set Meal
Hello my Friends, like to share with You this beautiful, delicious and flavorful set meal which consist of :
(1) Grilled spices salmon steak : Fragrant with spices marinated, this salmon tripled its tasty flavor with the curry sauce with okra and topped with fried grated coconut.
(2) Flavorful Curry Okra : The flavorful curry okra are derived from all ingredients that are blended into paste and cooked with curry paste to form a thick and flavorful curry sauce. Okra cooked in the curry sauce adds tasty flavor and is savory to the set meal.
(3) Aromatic turmeric rice cooked together with onions, mixed vegetable and tomatoes. Beside turmeric, aroma of the rice comes from other spices like cinnamon, aniseed, lemon grass and low fat evaporated milk that are added to cook the rice.
(1) Oven Grilled Spices Salmon Steak topped with Fried Grated Coconut:
– 1 Salmon steak
– Grated coconut – 100 grams
– Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
– Coriander powder 1 tsp
– Few curry leaves
– Salt and Pepper to taste
– Cooking oil – 1 tsp
Simple Way of Cooking :
(1.1) Marinate salmon steak with turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and pepper for half and hour.
(1.2) Place the marinated salmon steak on the grilling tray with aluminium foil, add few curry leaves and sprinkle with cooking oil, grill at 300 degree C for 20 minutes until golden brown. Set aside on a plate.
(1.3) Heat up pan, with medium heat, fry grated coconut. While frying. stir constantly until it is dry and crispy.
(1.4 ) It is yummy to serve grilled spices salmon with curry sauce with okra and topped with fried grated coconut.
(2) Curry Okra
– 14 pieces Okra
Ingredients to be blended :
– 5 Shallots
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1 stalk of lemon grass
– Blue ginger : 2 slices
– Ginger : 3 slices
– 4 candle nuts
Other Ingredients :
– Curry paste : 4 tbsp
– Chili paste : 2 tbsp
– Coconut powder : 50 grams
– Few curry leaves
– Water : 600 ml
– Cooking oil
– Salt and seasoning to taste
Cooking curry okra :
(2.1) With water half fill the ingredients, blend into paste.
(2.2) Heat up pot with 5 tbsp of cooking, add in blended paste, curry paste and chili paste, curry leaves, stir fry until oil is separated.
(2.3) Add in 600 ml of water, when the sauce boils, add in coconut powder, stir until all ingredients are well mixed, add in okra, simmer with pan cover until okra is cooked. Add in some salt and seasoning to taste
(3) Turmeric Rice
– White rice : 2 cups
– Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
– Cinnamon : 1 stick (about an inch)
– Star Aniseed : 1 piece
– Lemon grass : 1 stalk (cut into 3 to 4 sections)
– Low fat evaporate milk : 1 cup (rice measuring cup)
– Water : 1 and quarter cup (rice measuring cup)
– 2 Onions : (slice)
– Salt to taste
– Mixed vegetables (add in after turmeric rice is cooked)
– Cherry tomatoes (add in after turmeric rice is cooked)
Simple Way of Cooking Rice :
(3.1) Wash rice, drain well, add in all ingredients ,add 1/2 tsp of salt except mixed vegetables and tomatoes, cook rice.
(3.2) After turmeric rice is cooked, add in the mixed vegetables and tomatoes, simmer with cover for another 5 minutes.