Mini Mooncakes Recipe for Mid-Autumn Festival
For these mini mooncakes, I have added custard powder. Together with the fragrance of custard powder, it also gives a smooth and softer texture. A tasty blend of tastes such as the sweet lotus seed paste, salty egg yolk and smooth fragrant mooncake skin is a delight to savor. Hope you like recipe I shared with you.
Photo of Ingredients for Mini Mooncakes
– 120 grams of top flour
– 30 grams of custard powder
– 50 grams of Soy Bean Oil (or any cooking oil)
– 100 grams of Golden Syrup
– 200 grams of Lotus seed paste ( ready-made)
– 10 salted egg yolks
– 1 beaten egg (for glazing)
(1) Whisk oil and syrup together until they are well mixed.
(2) In a big bowl, add in flour and custard powder, make a hole in the center, add in oil and syrup mixture, knead into dough. Cover dough with clear wrap, set aside for an hour.
(3) Bake salted egg yolks at 200 degree C for 5 minutes. Set aside.
(4) Divide lotus paste into 10 portions of 20 grams each. Wrap salted egg yolk with 1 portion of lotus paste.
(5) After one hour, divide the 300 grams dough into 10 portions, weighting 30 grams each. Wrap 1 filling with 1 portion of dough, do the same with the remaining ingredients. One by one, place mooncakes into mould, press firmly.
(6) Hold the mould handle and iron bar together to press out mooncake and place onto baking tray.
(7) Bake in pre-heated oven at 200 degree C for 15 minutes, glaze mooncakes (for browning) with beaten egg and continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.