(1) Quick Stir Fry Okra with Garlic
- Okra (Lady Fingers) : 250 grams
- Garlic : few cloves (minced into 2 tbsp)
- Cooking oil :3 tbsp
- Soy Sauce : 1 tbsp
- Salt and Vegetable seasoning (to taste)
Simple Way :
1. Scald Okra in hot water, remove to drain, set aside and let it cool. Cut into pieces.
2. Sauté garlic with 3 tbsp of cooking oil in heated pan until fragrant, add in Okra, quickly stir mix all ingredients, add in soy sauce and vegetable seasoning (to taste), again stir fry quickly until Okra is cooked and crunchy.
(2) Quick Stir Fry Okra with Chili Paste
For this Recipe, Ingredients and cooking method are same as the above. Except Chili Paste is added to and saute with Garlic.
(3) Curry Okra with Egg Plant and Cauliflower
- Okra : (Cut into small sections)
- Egg Plant : (cut into sections)
- Cauliflower : cut into florets
- Curry Paste : 100 Grams
- Chili Paste : 2 tbsp
- Dried Prawn : 50 grams
- Lemon Grass : 1 stalk (cut into small sections)
- Chili (Optional)Coconut Milk : 200 Grams
- Few Curry Leaves
- Cooking Oil : 5 tbsp
- Salt and Vegetable Seasoning to taste
Simple Method :
1. Wash and blend (or chop) the dried prawn. Without oil, fry the dried prawn until crispy. Set aside.
2. Heat up pan with 5 table spoons of oil, add in lemon grass, curry leaves, curry paste and chili paste, crispy fried prawn, stir mix all ingredients until fragrant.
3. Add in coconut milk and 2 cups of water, Stir mix evenly until gravy boils, add in egg plant, when it is almost cooked, add in okra and cauliflower, continue to boil until all vegetables are cooked.