Instead of using strips of ginger and smashed garlic, I used minced ginger and garlic. The garlic and ginger are minced by blender. This Kong Bao chicken is spicy and especially savory with the fragrance of dry chilies, minced ginger and garlic that are cooked with together.
I used one table spoon each of minced ginger and garlic to balance the taste of the dish, so that, either ginger or garlic will not over power one or another.
This spicy and tender Kong Bao chicken taste better with the crunchy and fragranted cashew nuts. Equally savory with rice or vegetable wrap.
Main Ingredients :
– 2 chicken thighs (boneless and skinless) : Cut into bite sizes
– Dry chilies : 10 pieces (For each chili, Cut into half)
– Ginger and garlic (minced) : 1 tbsp each
– Ready fried cashew nuts
– Cooking oil
– Dark soya sauce : 1 tbsp
– Salt and chicken powder (to taste)
– Oyster sauce : 2 tbsp
– Sesame Oil – 1 tbsp
– Pepper (to taste)
– Corn Flour : 2 tbsp
(1) Marinate chicken pieces with all the seasonings for 1 hour.
(2) Scald chicken pieces in hot oil until cooked, drain oil and set aside. (Note : Check the tenderness of chicken pieces)
(3) Heat up pot with 3 tbsp of oil, stir fry dry chili, drain oil and set aside before the dry chilies are overcooked
(4) With the same pot of chili oil, saute minced ginger and garlic until fragrant, add in chicken pieces, cashew nuts, dry chilies, follow by dark soya sauce, salt and chicken powder (to taste), Stir fry QUICKLY until all ingredients are well mixed and fragrant.