Speciality and Taste of Tapioca Coconut Cookies
I am excited to share this fragrant,crispy, melt in your mouth cookie made with tapioca flour and coconut milk to You My Friends. Its so tasty and yummy and I can’t wait to share them with You.
The tasty part of this cookie is the fragrant taste of coconut milk. The tapioca gives You a melt in Your mouth effect that will lift up your taste buds.
Look at those beautiful and tasty Cookies also known as Kueh Bangkit. Hope You like them. Take Note of Step 4, 6 and Notes below which are important tips.
Ingredients (Quantity for 130 pieces of Tapioca Coconut Cookies)
– 400 grams tapioca flour
– 6 pieces of pandan leaves (each pandan leaf cut into 3 to 4 pieces)
– 2 egg yolks
– 120 grams fine granulated sugar (2 tbsp to put into the coconut milk)
– 180 ml of thick coconut milk
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. With low heat, boil coconut milk with 2 tbsp of fine granulated sugar (2tbsp portion is taken from 120 grams.) Set aside to cool before use.
2. In the wok, with low heat, fry tapioca flour together with pandan leave until it is light and fluffy. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir the flour lightly.
3. Beat egg yolks and the balance of sugar until creamy.
4. To make dough : Alternatively add flour and coconut milk to the egg mixture slowly. The last addition of flour is done bit by bit to get a good firm dough.
Important notes :
(1) The dough should not be too dry or too wet. If it is too dry, the cookies will be hard and crack. If it is too wet, the cookies will expand until the pattern disappear.
(2) May separate the dough into 3 portions. Cut cookies by portion. Balance cover with wet cloth.
(3) If the dough dries up, use mixer to mix in some coconut milk and continue the cutting the dough.
5. Roll dough to 1/2 cm thick, cut out cookies with the cookie cutter. Lay cookies on a greased tray, bake at 170 degree C for 15 to 20 minutes.