Hi Friends, This curry chilies dish is inspired by Soma Saha Ray’s Mirch Ka Salan (Curried Chilles) at http://spiceupwithsoma.blogspot.sg/2015/03/mirch-ka-salan.html Check out her blog. She gives historical background on dishes together with delicious recipes. They are interesting and informative.
Soma’s dishes are full of fragrant and delicious flavor with a variety of spices and ingredients. And I will definitely enjoy savoring them. Many thanks to Soma 🙂 and I am glad I could learn from her.
For my dish, Red and Green Chilies are stuffed with fish paste, then cooked with curry paste and coconut milk. You can discover this recipe below. Anyways, my family and I love chilies and I decided to cook this dish and share it with you.
As you taste this dish, it has a aroma and fragrance together with the spiciness from the chili itself and curry. It is a wonderful taste sensation. The coconut milk in the curry adds a yummy fragrance to your taste buds. This blend of taste is strong, fragrant, flavorful.
Curry Sauce :
– 60 grams curry paste’
– 1 to 2 tbsp chili paste
– 200 gram thick coconut milk (1 packet)
– 200 gram of water (using the same coconut milk packet)
– Cooking oil
– 1/2 tsp of seasoning to taste
1. Remove seeds from chilies. Stuff chilies with fish paste.
2. Heat up pan with 3 tbsp of cooking oil. Fry chilies with fish paste facing down. Turn when paste becomes brown. Fry the other side. Set aside.
Cooking Curry Sauce :
1. Heat up pan with about 6 tbsp of cooking oil, add in curry paste and chili paste, fry until fragrant till chili oil is formed.
2. Add in coconut milk, mix well then add water. Add in seasoning to taste. (Note: You can adjust the volume of water to get the desired gravy thickness.)
3. When gravy boils, return the chilies to the pan. Cover chilies with curry sauce and simmer for 2 minutes or until the sauce boils again. Ready to serve.
Happy Cooking 🙂 and Enjoy Savoring Dish.