Spicy Hot and Tender Gong Bao Bell Pepper Fish
Video Source: http://youtube.com/user/allstuff33
Hello Dear Friends, the tenderness of fish, spiciness from dried chilies, crunchiness from bell pepper is a savory combination. Fried with garlic and ginger enhances the flavor and gives it a fragrant taste. It like having a fusion of different taste and textures that makes it a delicious dish to be savored. And best of all, fish,bell peppers, ginger and garlic are all healthy as well.
I have another kong bao recipe that is cooked with chicken, You can check it out at blog post >> https://www.yeahilike.com/spicy-and-savory-kong-bao-chicken-recipe
This is a easy to cook recipe and there are 4 simple steps to cook it with a variety of yummy ingredients.
- Toman Fish : 400 grams (sliced)
- Bell peppers : Few slices each of Red, Green and Yellow.
- Dry Chilies : 10 pieces (cut into half)
- Ginger : 50 grams (Minced)
- Garlic : 5 cloves (Minced)
- Cashew Nuts (Fried or Baked)
- Vegetable (or chicken) seasoning to taste
- Dark Soy sauce : 1 tsp
- Cooking oil
Condiments for marinade
- Rice Wine : 3 tbsp
- Salt : ½ tsp
- Black pepper : 1/2 tsp
- Light Soy sauce : 1 tsp
- Corn Flour : 2 tbsp
- Sesame Oil : 2 tbsp
(1) Marinate fish slices with condiments and set aside in the refrigerator for for an hour .
(2) Pan fry fish slices till slightly brown on both sides. Set aside.
(3) Heat up pan with 4 table spoons of oil, stir fry dry chilliest. When chili oil forms, drain oil and set aside the dry chilies.
(4) With the same pan, sauté minced ginger and garlic until fragrant, add in bell pepper and stir fry, return the dry chilies, fish slices to the pan, add in cashew nuts, dark soy sauce and seasoning (to taste). Stir fry all ingredients QUICKLY and GENTLY until they are evenly mixed.
1) The reason for cooking it quickly in Step 4 is not to overcook all the ingredients since fish and dried chilies are already pan fried first.
2) Cooking gently so as not to break the fish into pieces.
3) Cooking time depends on thickness of fish slice.